Monday 20 June 2011

Raspberry Ripple Muffins

We are enjoying a fantastic crop of raspberries at the moment.


The children all love to eat them just as they are fresh from the garden but there are still enough for me to freeze some and use a few in cooking.

The following recipe is one I modified to make use of my frozen raspberries. The combination of vanilla and fresh raspberry is lovely and for me, synonymous with summer. Frozen raspberries are quite fragile and crumble easily with a small amount of pressure between your fingers. I much prefer the small pieces of raspberry distributed throughout the muffin rather than having whole fruits. Doing it this way also leaves gorgeous red streaks in the pre-cooked mixture which is why I call them Raspberry Ripple Muffins.


Raspberry Ripple Muffins


Dry ingredients: 10oz SR flour (sifted), 1tsp baking powder, 5oz caster sugar
Wet ingredients: 4floz yoghurt, 4floz milk, 4oz butter (melted), 1 egg, 1tsp vanilla essence
Plus: frozen raspberries to taste

Method
  1. Pre heat oven to 200ÂșC 
  2. Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another.
  3. Crumble the raspberries on top of the dry ingredients.
  4. Add wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
  5. Spoon into 12 muffin cases.
  6. Cook for approx 20mins until golden.
  7. Enjoy warm or cold.

Step 3. Crumble the raspberries.....

... on top of the dry ingredients.

Step 4.  Stir until just combined.

Step 5. Spoon into 12 muffin cases.

Cook until golden and enjoy!

                     

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word I have just felt satisfied with my salad and fruit till I read this post. They look amazing, are they healthy?? or would they be a treat day food x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look AWESOME, wow. Enjoy your bumper raspberry crop - I am jealous :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...