Tuesday 31 January 2012

Farewell January

As January plays out its final day, I am not sorry to see the back of it.

It has been a month of coughing, and more coughing.... and yet more coughing.

It has also been a month of chocolate, alcohol and takeaways - nice at the time of indulging but the sluggishness that inevitably accompanies such excesses has not helped me to cope with how busy I have been and how thinly my personal resources have been stretched.

Cold, dark mornings and cold dark evenings do not charge me with the energy I need to make the days productive.

I have worked so hard to help my daughter get her new home ready to move into that my own home has been sadly neglected. I have really enjoyed being able to help her with the decorating and cleaning (and now curtain buying) but I am desperate to get on with my own home improvements.

Blog posts have been half written and will remain so as drafts until such a time as I get round to finishing or deleting them.

The sands of time are doing their thing with the hour glass at far too great a rate.

A lovely wedding that featured my daughters singing so beautifully, lifted my spirits and gave me a moment to reflect on how lucky I am to be part of a big, sometimes demanding, sometimes challenging, always wonderful family. No matter how difficult things get, no matter how torn in different directions I feel, no matter how sleep deprived I am - I must never forget how truly blessed I am.

With optimism fully intact, bring on February.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...