Wednesday 21 March 2012

The Gallery - Week 95 - Colour

At the start of the year, my mum and I both began a knitting project to make patchwork blankets for my two little ones.

Last week my mum presented my son with the finished piece. It is a glorious explosion of colour with plenty of child appeal thanks to little knitted mice and mini beasts that she has sewn onto it. It looks beautiful on his cot and makes a perfect subject for this week's Gallery.


My own blanket is still very much a work in progress!

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, your mum's blanket is gorgeous. I love the child friendly attachments. Also loving the look of your knitted squares. Excellent idea to introduce a bit of pattern. Funnily enough I'm in the throes of knitting a patchwork blanket. Taking me an age I have to say and my squares are all boringly plain. I may have to steal you and your mum's idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that blanket is beautiful! I wish I was clever enough to knit but I just can't get the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely idea with the little mice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous!! I love the mice, ladybirds and spiders - I think! - which have been added.
    Good luck with yours (love the frog and pirate flags)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...