Tuesday 27 March 2012

Working back to fitness with Zumba

This time last year I was a regular at the gym: signing up for classes, running on the treadmill, working out with weights. However, when my annual membership expired, I couldn't quite justify the renewal expense.
Even with the best of intentions, the amount of exercise I was doing steadily declined.

The lack of exercise coupled with bad eating habits that have lingered from Christmas have left me feeling podgy and sluggish. It was definitely time to take action.

I joined a Zumba class.

Last night was my first experience of Zumba.

I had heard lots of good things about Zumba. I already learn latin dance on which it is inspired but I still wasn't sure what to expect. I can honestly say it was the most fun I'd ever had in a room full of sweaty women. There was a lot of hip action and shimmying and influences from all different styles of dance. I loved it.

I was suffering with a bit of an achey back on account of doing a lot of bending and lifting in the garden over the weekend and having rather too many nights of bed sharing with my chicken pox suffering  children. It did make some of the moves difficult for me so I didn't push myself too hard but I could feel it doing me good.

My back is feeling much better today and I can't wait for next week when everything is functioning more as it should and I can give the class 100% effort.

Another happy consequence is that I haven't been tempted to indulge in bad snacking at all today.

I am fully committed to Zumba my way back to fitness.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for providing such useful information. I really appreciate your professional approach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golf fitness exercises for the junior golfer can be beneficial to the development of the golf swing in many ways. Learn what the best golf exercises are for the junior golfer. Learn how as a junior golfer can increase the accuracy, consistently, and power in their golf swing.

    intramax male enhancement

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing blog. I have found this blog very interesting because I have gotten the most read information. This blog help me out otherwise I don’t know how much time I have to spend for getting right information.
    http://www.londonmagictouch.com

    ReplyDelete

  4. This blog is highly informatics, crisp and clear. Here everything has been described in systematic manner so that reader could get maximum information and learn many things. This is one of the best blogs I have read.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...