Tuesday 21 August 2012

CuddleUppets

When I was offered the chance to review one of the range of CuddleUppets from Flair, I thought it would be just the sort of thing my little girl loves.

CuddleUppets are a cross between a snuggly blanket (71cm x 99cm) and a puppet, the idea being that with a little imagination, your blanket can become an interactive toy - or equally validly, your toy doubles up as a blanket to help with the bedtime routine.


I  did like the idea of the CuddleUppet and when I opened the box and saw a friendly bear's face looking out at me I couldn't wait to give it to Addy to see what she would do with it.


I have to admit there were mixed reactions from the family. My 15 year old commented that it was creepy and looked like a bear had been run over by a steamroller. Little Dylan shouted gleefully "MONKEY!!" but he has been known to get his animal names confused so that is not necessarily an indication that the bear was anything less than bear-like! However, everyone agreed that the blanket was very soft and snuggly.

My little girl still hasn't quite got the hang of 'making the bear talk'. Her hands are a little bit small to really get to get to grips with the mouth movement but she did enjoy wrapping herself up and pretending to be bear.


As yet, she hasn't wanted to take it to bed with her so it has not become a part of our bedtime routine but I think it would be brilliant for long car journeys or travelling.

It is machine washable - something I will be testing before too long - amazing how grubby a blanket can get just from being on the sofa with two TV watching under fives!



RRP £19.99





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...