Monday 7 January 2013

What's Your Favourite Quality Street?

I visited a friend this weekend. A quick look into her post-Xmas larder reminded me very much of my own.

I'm sure it is a familiar sight. Boxes of chocolates, sweets, biscuits, alcohol. Avoidance of doing a supermarket stock up means there is precious little in the way of healthy options which is bad news when the excess festive poundage can be ignored no longer.

I have signed up for a 10K race in May. It will be the furthest I have ever run and I really want to do well. It will mean some serious training, healthy eating and a body restored to a lean mean running machine. It can be done!

I have demonstrated my commitment to a good diet by throwing away the last of the Xmas pud and mince pies. Christmas is over and the New Year New Me is just beginning.

During a forage into my larder I came across this.


We haven't had Quality Street for years, opting instead for Heroes and Celebrations, but they were always a big part of Christmas as a child. It was very nostalgic to reacquaint with the familiar assortment when we were given some this year.

Everyone has their favourite Quality Street chocolate. I love the orange creams, even though they aren't quite as I remember them. I'm sure they used to have a hard fondant centre with an orange colour to match the flavour. They are gooey and white now but still strangely appealing.

 It does looks as though in our house, the blue Coconut Eclair wasn't anyone's favourite.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...